If you're a budding food and lifestyle writer with an Instagram feed that includes more brunch shots than selfies, this could be the dream role for you.
Dish magazine are on the hunt for an editorial superstar, a real do-it-yourselfer with a passion for local and international food trends.
Our ideal applicant will be a tertiary-level communications student or recent graduate, with previous editorial experience in magazines, newspapers or online preferable. This an exciting opportunity to work with and assist a dedicated editorial team, get your foot in the door and expand your portfolio of published work.
Who we're looking for:
- Independent and self-motivated writer with set deadlines
- Impeccable spelling and grammar
- Attention to detail
- Avid follower of food blogs and Instagram accounts
- Experience or interest in social media food trends
- Experience or interest in food photography
- Willingness to help and assist on professional food photoshoots
- Understanding of commercial responsibilities and advertising partnerships
- A team player who is willing to step outside of their job description
- A student or recent graduate studying communications or something similar
- Someone who is looking to break in to the food writing and publishing industry
What the role involves:
- Writing book reviews, creating editorial content for print and online
- Day-to-day assisting the editor, online editor and wider editorial team
- Writing lively and original content for online
- Assisting with social media and digital strategy
- Attending industry events with the editorial team
- Assisting on video and photography shoots
- Being part of a talented team of food stylists, journalists and designers
Dish is an award-winning bi-monthly magazine and leading multi-platform digital community for people who enjoy cooking and reading about food. Dish celebrates inspiring seasonal recipes and stories about food producers, issues and trends around food in New Zealand and overseas. Our recipes are beautifully presented and simple to follow, offering inspiration for both accomplished cooks and those keen to try something new.
Tangible Media Lifestyle Network offer a number of editorial and event management internship opportunities. Tangible Media's lifestyle title portfolio includes Dish magazine, New Zealand Weddings, Good Magazine and Little Treasures.
If you think this role sounds like you, please send your updated CV and cover letter, addressed to Dish editor Vanessa Marshall, to [email protected].
Please note: this is an Auckland-based opportunity. Applicants who do not provide a CV or cover letter will not be considered.